Translate

Monday, September 23, 2013

Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

The lovely and talented Mrs. Anderson is currently on maternity leave, and I feel fortunate to be filling in for her.  My name is Meagan Chmura.  I live in Holland with my kids Dylan and Amelia, my husband Dan,  dog named Oscar, and cat named Boots.  In my spare time I like to create my own art, read, exercise, and spend time with friends and family.  I look forward to teaching at Park until Mrs. Anderson returns at the end of October. 

We have been busy during this first month of school!  Check out what we have been doing at each grade level.

Kindergarteners worked on making some rainbows.  They learned a new song to remember the order of the colors.


First graders made some abstract figures inspired by the artist Joan Miro.  Check out their use of regular and irregular shapes.


Second graders made some landscapes inspired by Vincent Van Gogh's famous painting, Starry Night.  



Third Grade created Mexican Figures.  Check out the bright colors on the sombreros, ponchos, and other traditional apparel.  


Fourth Grade students studied abstract art and the works of Wassily Kandinsky.  They used their recollection of warm and cool colors to created works of art inspired by Kandinsky's Squares with Concentric Circles.



Fifth grade students learned about the works of Gustav Klimt and Art Nouveau.  They recalled different types of lines and used them to created patterns in their quilts.



Some of these works of art will be gracing our halls in the near future.  

Stay tuned for Square 1 Art.   Students will have the opportunity to see their work printed on different things while raising funds for the art room.



















No comments:

Post a Comment